Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Delaware Dog Poisoned with Gravy-Drenched Staples

DELAWARE (Rob Wells/Kate Liebers) -- Police warned dog owners to keep an eye on outdoor pets, after one family dog ate a supply of staples drenched in gravy.

A 7-year-old beagle named Chester nearly died after eating the contents of a sack thrown into the owner's yard, Delaware Police Capt. Adam Moore said. The sack contained a "gravy-type substance laced with staples," he said.

The owner called police after Chester began vomiting large construction staples. The pet is expected to survive.

In response to the acts of cruelty, police have advised residents to keep an eye on their pets while they are outside.

Delaware police said this is the first report of this type of cruelty in the area. Officials said they have some good leads on the suspects, who would face multiple animal cruelty and harassment charges. 
 
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Delaware Police Department at 740-203-1111.
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content