Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Marysville Fire Displaces Family

MARYSVILLE -- A family endured the brutal cold after escaping a fire Monday morning in Marysville.

The woman who lived there heard a noise and woke to find her living room on fire. Apparently, the smoke detectors did not sound an alarm.

She and her three-year-old son had escaped by the time firefighters arrived.

"They were outside, in the frigid cold, in their pajamas and robes," said Chief Jay Riley. "We were able to quickly put them in the fire truck and get them warm."

Riley said the brutal cold presented obstacles when tackling the fire.

"Some of the firefighters got wet, and that turns to ice. So we had to rotate them out, send them back to the station to warm up for a little bit and get some fresh men out," he said.

"So it's a good teamwork approach and it worked well for us this morning."

The team came equipped with portable heaters and extra crew members to assist in the extreme weather.

The mother and child were not hurt and are getting help from the Red Cross.

Riley said he suspects a wood-burning stove started the fire.


 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content