Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Fire Destroys Home, Kills Pets in Norwich Township

COLUMBUS (Ken Hines) -- An unattended fire likely sparked a blaze that destroyed a home and killed three pet rats on Wednesday morning, according to investigators.

Norwich Township fire fighters were forced to battle the flames at the Polley Road home without the aid of three hydrants that were frozen when crews began to extinguish the flames at approximately 5 a.m.

Investigators believe the occupant of the home initially lit the flames in the home's fire place to keep her three pet rats warm when she was forced to leave the house amid dangerously low temperatures because of a lack of fuel for her space heaters.

Fire fighters found those space heaters melted to the floor after extinguishing the blaze. The occupant's pets did not survive the fire.

Fire fighters believe the house is beyond repair.
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content