Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Candle Sparks Fire at South Columbus Duplex

COLUMBUS (Ken Hines) -- A fire that spread from a candle significantly damaged two houses on Tuesday morning, according to investigators.

The flame of the candle caught drapes on fire in a top floor bedroom of a duplex at 1310 S. Champion Ave. in South Columbus at approximately 8:30 a.m.

The occupants of the side of the duplex where the fire started -- a couple and their child -- escaped the burning home without injuries, as did the owner of the house, who lives in the other half of the structure.

Fire fighters entered a vacant house next to the duplex to fight the blaze. That vacant home was also damaged by the flames.

The bedroom in the duplex in which the fire started is severely damaged. Investigators have not yet determined if the house can be saved.

Red Cross volunteers traveled to the site of the fire to assist the displaced residents with lodging arrangements.
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content