Most Shared

ABC 6 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Space Heater Blamed for Fatal E. Columbus Mobile Home Fire

COLUMBUS (Ken Hines) -- Investigators believe a space heater sparked a fire that killed a man Friday morning at an East Side mobile home.

The body of Arthur Broeker was found inside his Stelzer Road home's bedroom by fire crews, who began battling the flames at approximately 7:45 a.m.

Investigators believe the fire -- called an "inferno" by a nearby maintenance man -- may have started when a sheet fell onto a space heater.

Broeker, 82, served in the U.S. Army and Air Force during his lifetime, according to family members. He lived at the Stelzer Road mobile home for more than 30 years.
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content