Most Shared

Top Stories
 
text size

Neighbor Awakens Family to Burning Duplex

Updated: Sunday, February 3 2013, 04:05 PM EST
LONDON -- Investigators say a family lost everything in an early morning duplex fire.

It happened around 2:45 a.m. at 35 N. Walnut St.

According to the London Fire Department, a man woke up to clothes falling on him.  When he went to turn on the bedroom light, he realized there wasn't any power.  That's when firefighters say he went to fuse box thinking he had blown a breaker, and found heavy flames in the common area between his home and the neighboring home.

The resident notified the family in the neighboring house and then ran to the fire station to alert firefighters.  In the meantime, other neighbors helped in getting several children out of the house.

When firefighters got there, they immediately started pulling down the ceiling to get to the fire, but the flames became too much and the firefighters moved outside.  Investigators say that's when a portion of the duplex collapsed.

Nobody was hurt.  The duplex is considered a total loss.

The American Red Cross is assisting the families with housing and food.

It's not known what started the fire.
------------
Web Producer:  Joe StollNeighbor Awakens Family to Burning Duplex


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content