Homeless Man Killed in Fire
Updated: Thursday, February 27 2014, 07:58 PM EST
ITALIAN VILLAGE (Rob Wells) -- Heartbroken and wanting to help. That's how officials from Mary Haven say they feel after a deadly fire occurred at a homeless camp.
Investigators think that a man living at the homeless camp, under 670, was trying to use a new propane heater when it blew up killing him last night.
We checked with the Franklin County Coroner's office who says they still can't confirm the identity because the remains were so badly burned.
Meanwhile officials from Mary Haven outreach say they were out at the camp offering assistance and shelter to those living there minutes before the deadly mishap.
They say the five people living there didn't want help.
Now outreach teams say they'll be out again offering resources so that people don't have to sleep at similar camps during the brutal cold weather.