Hills Market Downtown Opens Today
Updated: Tuesday, March 19 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
COLUMBUS -- The Hills Market will open its doors on Tuesday, March 19th. The 12,000 square foot store is located at 95 North Grant Avenue, between Long Street and Gay Street, across from the Columbus College of Art and Design.
The Hills Market Downtown will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays 364 days a year.
The 12,000 square foot store has 15 parking spaces and ample bike parking.
The store will celebrate its opening with a brief ribbon cutting ceremony featuring Mayor Michael Coleman, City Council President Andrew Ginther and representatives from The Hills Market at noon on Tuesday, March 19th.
Ohio partners will be on site for this momentous occasion, and the store will host Ohio Market Day (11 a.m. to 6 p.m. featuring free demos from some of our favorite Ohio vendors).
Some of the features are:
- An extensive variety of hand selected seasonal produce to include an emphasis on both locally grown and organic selections.
- A bakery featuring more than 25 local vendors to include artisan breads from Dan the Baker, vegan goods from Pattycake Bakery, cookies from Sweet Tooth Cottage, scones from Sassafras Bakery as well as specialties baked in house such as Hills Own Carrot Cake.
- An extensive breakfast program including fresh and hot coffee (served all day) from Silver Bridge Coffee of Gallipolis, Ohio. Silver Bridge specializes in Fair Trade artisan roasted coffee
- A vast selection of wine and cold craft beer priced at state minimum
- A dairy department to feature Ohio favorites such as Smith Dairy and Snowville Creamery
- Artisan cheese and charcuterie from around Ohio and the world
- An expansive frozen food selection to include hometown favorites Luna Burger and Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams as well as quick meals from Amy's Organic and other traditional items.
- A full service butcher shop featuring the highest quality meats available with All Natural Ohio Beef, Gerber Amish Country Chicken from Kidron, Ohio, Bowman & Landes Turkey from New Carlisle, Ohio and more
- A seafood counter with a wide variety of fresh sustainable seafood options delivered daily
- A wide selection of Hills Market favorites made in house daily, available in full service, Grab & Go and in our hot case, including Hills Own Famous Twice Baked Potatoes, Hills Own Ohio Beef Meatloaves, Hills Own Crab Cakes, Hills Own Rotisserie Chickens, Hills Own Pecan Chicken Salad, Hills Own Famous Ham Salad, more than 10 dips and dressings to include Hills Own Black Bean Dip, Hills Own Mexican Dip and Hills Own '56 Dressing.
- A delicatessen featuring meats roasted in house, as well as Boar's Head deli meats and cheeses and made-to-order sandwiches
- A 16 foot salad bar filled to the brim with a wide variety of toppings and house made soups
- An extensive selection of sushi made in house daily.
Web Producer: Kellie Hanna