Columbus Search for Superintendent Continues
Updated: Monday, February 4 2013, 01:43 PM EST
COLUMBUS— The Board of Education is asking the community to get involved in the search for the District’s next superintendent. Monday night (tonight) is the first of five regional focus groups to “ identify qualities and skills expected in the Columbus superintendent” who will replace the retiring Dr. Gene Harris. Students, parents, staff, and community members have been invited by Facebook, E-Newsletter, and auto dial message to attend the meetings.
The focus groups are taking place as follows:
• Monday, February 4, at 7:00 p.m. – Binns Elementary School, 1080 Binns Blvd. Columbus
• Tuesday, February 5, at 7:00 p.m. –Ohio Avenue Elementary School, 505 South Ohio Avenue, Columbus
• Wednesday, February 6, at 7:00 p.m.—East Columbus Elementary School, 3100 East 7th Avenue, Columbus
• Monday, February 11, at 7:00 p.m. – Colerain Elementary School, 499 East Weisheimer Road, Columbus
• Tuesday, February 12, at 7:00 p.m. –Oakland Park Elementary School, 3392 Atwood Terrace, Columbus
The focus groups will be run by representatives from an executive search firm hired by the Board of Education to conduct the search. The feedback gathered from the focus groups, as well as an on-line survey will assist the search firm to target people recruit, as well as to assist in communicating the community’s expectations to prospective candidates.
The Board expects to have the “leadership profile” by the end of February and Board interviews of top candidates by mid to late April.
The announcement of the new Superintendent is expected in May.
More information regarding the search process can be found on the Columbus City Schools website: www.columbus.k12.oh.us The online survey can also be accessed through that site.
Reporter: LuAnn Stoia
Web Producer: Kellie Hanna