Apartment Fire Leaves Families Displaced
Updated: Thursday, April 11 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
COLUMBUS -- Firefighters battled an intense fire at an apartment building on the city's north side.
The fire started at around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday on the 1700 block of Stonebrook Lane.
The Columbus Fire Department says the fire started in a kitchen after burning grease was left unattended inside one of the apartments. They say the fire quickly consumed the entire apartment.
The local chapter of the American Red Cross will be assisting several families with temporary shelter, food and clothing.
Keep it with ABC 6 News and FOX 28 News for the very latest information.
Reporter: Shawn Kline