Craigslist Killings Trial Continues
Updated: Wednesday, February 27 2013, 07:43 PM EST
AKRON -- The man who almost went to meet Richard Beasley and Brogan Rafferty about a job that was posted on Craigslist took the stand Wednesday.
Reporter Tom Bosco is in court and has the latest.
AKRON (AP) -- Prosecutors have begun presenting witness testimony to show that robbery and identity theft were the motives behind attacks two years ago that left three men in Ohio dead and a fourth wounded.
The victims were lured by phony Craigslist job offers.
The trial of 53-year-old alleged triggerman Richard Beasley resumed Tuesday in Akron.
The fourth person who was shot but not killed took the stand Tuesday.
Scott Davis said he had breakfast with Beasley and the co-defendent in November of 2011 and identified Beasley with the popeye tatoo on his forearm.
While on the stand, Davis said once the trio got into the woods to look at the land he was to take care of, he heard a click behind him.
At that point he saw Beasley holding a gun to him but it had jammed. Davis was shot at several times and was hit in the elbow.
After running through the woods, hiding, and bleeding for over seven hours he ended up at a nearby home.
The owner of that home also took the stand Tuesday and discribed how Scott Davis was bleeding and pleading for help.
Beasley has pleaded not guilty to aggravated murder and kidnapping charges in the killings that began in August 2011.
Beasley's teenage co-defendant, Brogan Rafferty, was convicted last year and sentenced to life in prison.
Prosecutor Emily Pelphrey told jurors Monday in opening statements that Beasley wanted a new identity "and he got it."
Beasley's attorney, James Burdon, told the jury there isn't enough evidence to prove his client committed the crimes.
Web Producer: Kellie Hanna