Word Of The Day Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Ohio residents who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WTTE/WTTE viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WTTE ( the Station), WSYX, WWHO, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once.
2. Weekdays between Monday, November 18, 2013 and Friday, November 22, 2013 (the Contest Period), viewers will be asked to watch FOX 28 Good Day Columbus news @ 7am and 9am which airs weekdays on WTTE Channel 28 between 7am and 10am, and look for the word of the day to be announced. Each Friday during the Contest Period viewers will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during the FOX 28 News @ 7am from 7:00am-8:00am and @ 9am between 9:00-10:00am which airs on WTTE channel 28.
3. The first caller that calls the contest line during FOX 28 news @ 7:00am newscast that has all five words of the day correct from that week will be declared the winner for 7am. The first caller that calls the contest line during FOX 28 news @ 9:00am newscasts that has all five words of the day correct from that week will be declared the winner for 9am. There will be a total of two (2) winners during the Contest Period.
4. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
5. Each winner will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
6. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestants telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Two (2) winners will each receive a VISA gift card valued at $500.00. The prize is subject to the gift card issuers terms and conditions.
2. The winners will be notified by phone at the time of their calls. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification before claiming prizes. Winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will not be selected. In such event, the prize will remain the property of the Station.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on the prize based on the estimated retail value of the prize as set forth in these rules from the station.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winners for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received, and the order in which phone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTTE/WTTE, 1261 Dublin Road, Columbus OH 43215 and on the station website at www.myFOX28columbus.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WTTE/WTTE, Attn: Good Day Columbus contest, 1261 Dublin Road, Columbus OH 43215 by November 29, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prize or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.