Good Day Columbus MakeoverWho Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Ohio residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WTTE/WSYX viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WSYX and WTTE (collectively the Station), WWHO, Erika Taylor Salon (the Sponsor), The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per person per IP address.
2. To enter, go to www.myFOX28columbus.com and complete the Upickem online entry form by providing your full name, address, city, state, zip, phone number, e-mail address, why you are deserving of a makeover and upload a picture of YOURSELF. Picture must be in jpg format and up to 500x500 in size. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. No incomplete entries will be accepted. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be considered without the written or verbal permission of the person to receive the makeover. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. By entering, entrant represents and warrants that (i) the picture is of your child, (ii) the picture is original, (iii) he/she owns the picture, (iv) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) they agree to the Stations terms and conditions located at http://www.abc6onyourside.com/sections/station/legal/terms.shtml.
4.The contest starts on November 1, 2012 and shall continue each weekday until such date the Station determines in its sole and absolute discretion, as announced on-air and posted on the Stations website (the Contest Period) Entries must be received by 5pm ET on each Monday of the month Stations are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail or for printing errors server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
5. All entries will be judged by a panel of two (2) judges based on need of makeover (50%) and newsworthiness (50%). On the Tuesday of each month during the Contest Period, one (1) monthly winner will be determined based on the criterion set forth above. Remaining valid entries may carry over to the next monthly judging, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
6. All entries (including pictures) received that are mutilated, tampered with, and illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, Inc., and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner each month will receive a makeover from Erika Taylor Salon which includes hair style, hair color, and make-up application. As a condition of winning, winner must be available to have their makeover during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, at the Erika Taylor Salon. Time and date of the makeover determined by Erika Taylor Salon and the Station. Winner's makeover will be taped in advance and scheduled to air during FOX 28 at 9am on the last Friday of every month. Station reserves the right to change the date and time of when the makeover will air without prior notice. Winners will be notified of the actual retail value of the prize.
2. Monthly winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within four days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Erika Taylor Salon and Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, does not comply with the conditions of winning, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on the prize based on the estimated retail value of the prize as set forth in these rules from the station.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTTE/WSYX, 1261 Dublin Road, Columbus OH 43215 and on the station website at www.myFOX28columbus.com.
2. For the name of prize winner, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WTTE/WSYX, Attn: Good Day Columbus Makeover contest, 1261 Dublin Road, Columbus OH 43215 by December 31, 2013, and indicate which monthly winner.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Erica Taylor Salon, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba Upickem accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prize or contest information. 5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.