Great Clips Contest
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Ohio residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WSYX/WTTE viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media II, Inc. and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WYSX and WTTE (collectively the Stations), Great Clips (the Sponsor) their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household each day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) From January 8, 2010 to December 31, 2012 (the Contest Period), viewers will be asked to text GREAT to short code 45203 to signup for Great Clips loyalty Club, and become automatically entered into the contest. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on January 9, 2010 and all entries must be received by 12:00p.m. CT on December 31, 2012. The Stations are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) On the last Friday of each month during the Contest Period, one monthly winner (for a total of twelve winners) will be selected by random drawing from among all valid entries. Entries will not carry over to the next monthy drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Twelve (12) winners will be selected on the last Friday of every month: Each winner will receive haircuts at Great Clips for one year up to $100.00. The haircuts can be used at all 45 central Ohio locations and must be used within twelve months of winning. The retail value of each prize is $100.00.
2. Winners will be notified by phone at the number they used to submit the text entry. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 5 days, or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Media II, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media II., Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media II, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WSYX and WTTE 1261 Dublin Road, Columbus OH 43215 and on the Stations website at ABC6onyourside.com and myFOX28columbus.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WTTE/WSYX 1261 Dublin Road Columbus, OH 43215.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Media II, Inc., accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.7. Mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.